What is your color story? Bright hues told boldly because you were feeling summer? Or perhaps the barn-yard neutral saga because of your recent magazine reads? We are what we are influenced by; where we live and how often we see something affects our choices, even what colors we surround ourselves with.
The commercial color industry knows this so writes a different story each season to boost newness and drive color sales. With each company writing their own, these romantic anthologies are adapted by manufacturing so the story keeps getting shared and shared until it is all we see. We fall in love with what we are presented with, but is it our own?
Knowing all this, I challenge myself to write my own stories independent of what is currently popular and use them in my life for the 3 P’s; projects, purpose and pleasure. Following is some of my stories; I hope they inspire you to make some of your own!
- Inspiration: the gardens outside my studio door this summer
- Color scheme: complimentary
- Project: art quilt
- Inspiration: end of summer garden harvest
- Color scheme: Split Complimentary
- Pleasure: arrangement on my kitchen counter
- Inspiration: Herbs I have been harvesting
- Color scheme: triadic
- Purpose: new header for my other website