Friends from afar, my COVID group of artists has continued to meet via ZOOM and stimulate each other to stay creative. Our monthly challenge project has proven to be a perfect foil for any stale thinking; we are all from different disciplines so our individual input pushes each other to “think outside the box”.
Here’s the idea: we each have taken responsibility for a particular part to the challenge—color, shape, material, emotion, finish—and have made a “hatful” of answers for 12 months. We Zoom each month to share our finished pieces, then randomly draw the slips from the hats for the next month.
When we met in February we chose the following:
- Pantone’s fashion color of the year 2021 “Lava Falls”
- 300 lb. water color paper for our material
- Cylinder for the shape
- Jagged texture
- Playful emotion
Here is what I came up with:
Here is what my group came up with for their pieces:
- Adele Sanborn; https://cornerstonedesignnh.com
- Steve Hayden; https://www.haydenarts.com
- Lori Rollason; https://www.lorirollason.com
- Cheryl Miller; https://www.cherylzmillerart.com
Thanks for reading. Stop by next month for the April challenge!