In case ANYONE is checking their emails today, Merry Christmas from my place to yours!
Here is a last-minute recipe for amazingly delicious cheese spread made from left over bits in just a couple of minutes. Enjoy!
LAST MINUTE CHEESE SPREAD
Soften all cheeses to room temperature or microwave until soft. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Fill into a container then decorate and chill. OR chill then shape into a ball and roll in decorations.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz of assorted left over strong-tasting cheeses, grated or crumbled. Blue, cheddar cheese, feta, parmesan, etc
- 2-3 T. liquid to smooth and add flavor; cream, 1/2 & 1/2, cream sherry, port, wine juice, broth….anything. Will help create a deeper flavor profile.
- 1 tsp granulated onion or garlic
- 1/2 tsp additional spice if desired; oregano, thyme, sage, etc
- 2 dashes worcheshire sauce or 2 squirts mustard
Toppings can include dried fruit, nuts, seeds, crumbled bacon, etc. Be creative and use up your left-overs! Spread on crackers or toast. Makes GREAT grilled cheese sandwiches!
Top photo features one of my painted canvases.
1 thought on “Merry Christmas last minute cheese spread!”
Sounds delish, Jane! Will give it a whirl. Merry Christmas to you and David! 😄