Shimmering rose-copper, translucent autumn russet, burnished bronze and sparkling plum….red berry, claret, bordeaux and harvest grape….these lucious make-up colors that are so fashionable right now are to my eye the best of the 2014 autumn trends. Wearable by anyone at any age – whether your personal look is a-la-natural or stylized – these glamorous neutrals make being woman quite fun this fall!
While most of us here in NH will not wear as much eye make-up as shown above, please notice how this copper eyeshadow trend really makes your eyes pop!
- Plummier and rose copper shades make green eyes greener
- Bronzy copper shades make blue eyes bluer
- Hazel and brown eyes can steal from each of the palettes to mix and match picking up and complimenting their individual varied flecks of eye color.
- This look is best set against a soft medium-toned lipstick and blush in a similar copper shade harmonizing the whole look.
Portsmouth’s Naturopathic Doctor, Angela Lambert, of Ancient Traditions Natural Medicine loves to feel feminine yet is concerned with make-up toxicity and wanting to remain her natural self. I showed her a simple make-up look using my clean make-up products to give her a slightly bronzy look. This is one version of the look. What would your version be?
Alternatively, a very soft eye with a red or plum lip is also a gorgeous look for fall. Reminiscent of 17th century royalty, this bold lip color set against a very pale, even complexion reminds me of winter snow and red berries. There is a delicious version for any aged face.
- If wearing the plum-reds team this with soft mauve or taupe eyeshadow and blush.
- If wearing true reds, team with soft skin-tone brown eyeshadow and a similar blush to just contour cheeks.
Photo credit to Gothic beauty at Trussardi and Rebecca Minkoff. F/W ’14