Inspired by my recent culinary excursion on a perfect day off, I worked out the recipe for these unbelievably delicious cauliflower cakes. For you Winifred… 🙂
Steam until tender, about 15 minutes:
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 lbs with stem and leaves) cauliflower broken into florets
In a food processor, puree the cauliflower then blend in:
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1 T minced green onions
- 1/4 cup chick pea (garbonza bean) flour
- 1 beaten egg
Form this mixture into 30 patties. Note that they will be crumbly. Press each patty into:
- almond flour – 3/4 cup total for all patties.
Press them again into:
- unseasoned Panko bread crumbs (if you are gluten-free these days, then just press them again into more almond flour) – 3/4 cup total for all patties.
In a frying pan on medium-low heat, warm some *spiced clarified butter (Ghee) till just smoking. Fry each patty until they are golden on each side. Serve with lime. NOTE: I used a flavored Ghee that was a gift from my friend Winifred. She obtained it on-line from Pure Indian Foods. I used the Niter Kibbeh blend that contains cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, turmeric and nutmeg.
NOTE: if you can not obtain this pre-blended spiced butter then add some of these spices to your own clarified butter.